Merritt was known as “Forksdale” before it was incorporated as Merritt, April 1, 1911.
The Baillie House historic site previously operated as a residence and soda pop bottling factory.
Established in 1884 the Douglas Lake Ranch, just outside of Merritt BC, is Canada’s largest working cattle ranch.
The City of Merritt’s official slogan is “The Country Music Capital of Canada”.
Merritt hosts one of Canada’s largest night Christmas parades during the annual Merritt Country Christmas Week.
Please note as of January 13, 2018, the BC VISITOR CENTRE IN MERRITT (Junction of Hwy. 5 & 97C - exit 286) will be closed. Visitor information will continue to be available at the Merritt Visitor Centre at the Baillie House in downtown Merritt, 2250 Voght Street.