The City of Merritt - Economic Development & Tourism Department invites you to complete the Tourism Merritt Community Tourism Asset Survey.
The City of Merritt has commissioned Deborah Kulchiski Consulting to carry out the survey to gather your opinions about the current status of the tourism industry in Merritt, to capture any ideas you may have regarding the future of tourism development opportunities in Merritt and to identify your perspective regarding tourism.
Participation in this survey will help to shape the future direction of the overall tourism industry in Merritt and help to identify the most effective strategic direction for Tourism Merritt that will both meet the needs of the community’s tourism industry as well as visitors demands and expectations. Your input is vital to its success. Please know that all responses are anonymous and will be reported in aggregate only. The results of this survey will be made available by January 2019.
Survey takes approximetly 10 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by Friday, November 30th.
The Tourism Merritt - Community Tourism Asset Survey is available at www.surveymonkey.com/r/TourismMerrittCommunityAssetInventory
Tourism Merritt is pleased to present “Places to Stay” and “Where to Eat” business profiles on the Tourism Merritt website to help visitors have an enjoyable extended stay in our community.
Each profile includes imagery to fully capture a visitors future experience with a personalized write up provided by the business. Business amenities are listed on each profile for guests to conveniently sort their options by various categories, i.e. I would like to stay in a Merritt hotel which is pet friendly. Tourism Merritt’s goal is to work with local business to ensure theses profiles are kept current and enticing for guests to increase their length of stay during their next visit.
Tourism Merritt invites you to Explore Merritt via the below links:
Win Two Free Passes for Rockin' River Music Fest 2019 in Merritt BC!
Tourism Merritt is pleased to again offer a photo contest for free 2019 Rockin’ River passes.
How to Win
• To enter head over to the Tourism Merritt Facebook page and give it a “LIKE”. “SHARE” this post to get an extra entry into the contest!
• Then visit downtown Merritt and snap a photo of you in front of your favorite Merritt Country Music Legend Mural
• Pick up and drop off your “Enter to Win” form at any of the below locations to enter to win 2 free passes to Rockin’ River 2019!
- at the Tourism Merritt Mobile Info Kiosk during Rockin’ River
- at the Tourism Merritt Mobile Kiosk on Dewolf Way across from DQ
(outside of the Rockin’ River weekend)
- OR at the Merritt Visitor Centre at the Baillie House
• Deadline to enter Monday August 13, winner announced Tuesday August 14th! Successful entries will consist of both a completed entry form and at least 1 image of yourself in front of a Merritt Country Music Legends Mural.*
* Tourism Merritt reservesthe right to use all images submitted with photo credit given to the photographer when possible.
* Merritt Country Music Legends Murals created by Michelle Loughery of Route Blue #artrouteblue
Photo Credit: Ankur Sud Photography
Merritt’s 2018 Rocking River Music Festival is just around the corner. We hope you are just as excited as we are to hear all the amazing talent that takes the stage for this unforgettable weekend. Some of the headliners include: Eric Church, Brett Elderedge, Dallas Smith and some of country music’s upcoming talent such as Nice Horse, Rollin’ Trainwreck and Jackson Hollow. A weekend where friends get to experience their favorite country artists all weekend long and lounge in the refreshing Coldwater River.
While you are at the Festival, also check out the Tourism Merritt Mobile Visitor Information Kiosk onsite, supplying you with all the fun things to do around the beautiful Nicola Valley. As some of you may know, Merritt is the Country Music Capital of Canada. The Kiosk will also be providing info to the Country Music Hall of fame, the Walk of Stars and Walking tours around the city. A great way to learn a bit of the background on country music in Merritt. At the kiosk you can also enter to win free passes to Rockin’ River 2019!
For all the Merritt residence looking for a free ticket to Thursday night’s show, come to the information kiosk of De Wolf Way or stop by The Hall of Fame to pick up your ticket. Both places need a valid ID showing that you are from Merritt. You must have a ticket for Thursday night to be let in, they will not be excepting IDs at the gate.
We hope you have a fun and safe weekend experiencing this rockin’ awesome festival!
For all event deatils and to join us at the biggest Country Music Festival visit https://rockinriverfest.com
Got questions? Contact us by phone, or by email using our contact form.
Merritt Visitor Centre: 250-378-0349
Tourism Manager: 250-378-8619
Email: Contact Form